The interest in immunity has risen significantly with the corona era. There are a variety of products on the market with improved immunity. Experts say daily habits are the key to a healthy immune system. It means that small changes in your life can help you build strong immunity.
U.S. health and medical information site ‘WMD.com’ introduced 9 things doctors do to strengthen the immune system. The key to maintaining the best immunity shows that you are hiding in a surprisingly normal place.
1. Get enough sleep = Sleep is essential, not a luxury. It’s best to get 7-8 hours of good quality sleep every night. If for any reason it is difficult to make up your sleep time, supplement with a short nap (less than 30 minutes).
2. Make a sleeping routine = prepare to sleep by making your body and mind in the best condition. Whether you’re taking a bath before bed or drinking chamomile tea, make your own routine.
3. Be physically active = Make regular exercise a part of your life. The exercise goal is at least 5 days a week, 30 to 45 minutes a day. Choose a sport you like, such as walking, bicycle, weight, etc., and find the time that suits you. To make exercise a healthy habit.
4. Finding Your Own Special Place = Stress affects your immune system and your ability to fight diseases. Prepare a place where you can relax, stop your daily life for a while, and balance yourself.
5. Be mindful = Do not shout ‘busy and busy’ and train to be aware of every moment while being conscious of ‘here and now’.
6. Eat properly = A healthy and balanced diet provides the body with the nutrients it needs. For each meal, eat protein such as fish, chicken, tofu, or beans. You also need a variety of fruits and vegetables. Above all, stay away from fast food. Because it can cause inflammation that interferes with the immune system.
8. Get vaccinated = All adults should get an annual flu shot. If you have not been vaccinated in your teens, Tdap (diphtheria tetanus pertussis) vaccine and Td (tetanus-diphtheria) will be given every 10 years with a booster injection (additional dose to sustain the drug). Adults over 50 need a vaccine to prevent shingles, meningitis, and pneumonia.
9. Spending time with people close to you = Don’t underestimate the ‘power of connection’ with others. Spending time with family and friends that I cherish reduces stress and works positively on the immune system.